15 May 2016
Event 1: “PERRO CALLEJERO” (Rx and Scaled)
5km Row For Time
Tuesday, May 17 – Friday, May 20
- Competitors MUST complete Event 1 between Tuesday, May 17 and Friday, May 20.
- The score is the total time to complete the 5km row.
- Official times MUST be turned in by FRIDAY, MAY 20, AT THE LATEST 7:00PM.
- Official times MUST be emailed to:
- email@example.com OR
- A coach must be present to see the final rower screen and validate the time.
- ALL ROWERS MUST BE SET TO COUNT DOWN FROM 5000m!!!
- Competitors must take a picture of their rower screen once concluded the 5km and have it on hand if called for. You may have a friend/Coach do this for you since you might be wiped out.
- Athletes may not abandon the rower at any point during the 5km row and may not get off until the screen has marked down to zero meters.
Event 2: “Lion Complex” (Rx and Scaled)
3 min. to establish Max Weight lifted for the following consecutive movements:
1 Clean/Power Clean
1 Hang Squat Clean
1 Reverse Lunge Each Leg
1 Push Press
- Athletes will have 3 minutes to load the barbell and perform the Lion Complex.
- Athletes are allowed to make as many attempts as needed within the three minute time frame
- There will be no partial credit for the complex. The total weight will be registered upon successful completion of all 5 repetitions: 1 Clean or Power Clean, 1 Hang Squat Clean, 1 Reverse Lunge left leg, 1 Reverse Lunge right leg, 1 Push Press.
- On the first repetition, a Squat Clean or Power Clean are allowed. Full extension is required before moving on the Hang Squat clean.
- The Hang Squat Clean must begin from the extended position after the first rep and may not pass below the knee on the hang portion of the movement. A full squat below parallel in the catch position is required. A distinctive Hang Power Clean to a Front Squat is not allowed. If you did not perform this correctly you may repeat this without starting over.
- The order in which you perform the lunge (left or right first) is up to you. The knee must touch the ground on the lunge. Two lunges on the same leg will not count as both legs. If you fail to touch the knee to the floor on the lunge, you may repeat the lunge without starting over.
- You must perform a correct Push Press NOT a Push Jerk!!! NO RE-BENDING OF THE KNEES ALLOWED AFTER HIP EXTENDS AND BARBELL LEAVES THE RACK POSITION. Full extension and control over the bar are required. The rep will be counted WHEN THE JUDGE CALLS IT (DO NOT DROP THE BAR PREMATURELY).
- Athletes MUST unload their barbell and place their plates back in the stack in which they were found when the three minute time frame is over.
Event 3: “Cat Back” (Rx and Scaled)
2 min. Max Reps of Deadlifts for total pounds (you choose your weight) IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED BY:
Event 4: “Junkyard Dog” (Rx and Scaled)
2min. Max Reps Double-Jump Burpees Over The Barbell
- Deadlifts: All normal Movement Standards apply as usual. The Deadlifts have to end at full extension of knees and hips, with shoulders behind the bar. You determine your weight/strategy. Athletes will have 1 minute to set up their decided weight on the barbell before the start of the clock. Changing the weight during the 2 minute time frame is NOT allowed. Scoring: total reps multiplied by weight of your barbell (Example: 28 reps performed with 225 lbs on the bar is equal to a score of 6,300 points…28 x 225 = 6,300 lbs.)
- Double-Jump BOTB: 1 rep is = 1 Burpee + 2 jumps (you return to the side of the barbell where you started your Burpee). The chest and thighs must touch the ground at the bottom. You must jump over the barbell with both feet and land on both feet. One-footed jumping or stepping over is not permitted. If an athlete fails to do the jump over the barbell correctly then he or she may repeat the jump without repeating the burpee. Full extension is not necessary.
Event 5: “Mary” The Goat
AMRAP – 10 min.
10 C2B Pull-Ups
AMRAP – 10 min.
5 S2OH (65/45)
10 Jumping Chest 2 Bars
15 Front Squats
- Handstand Push-Ups: the movement begins at the top of a handstand with the arms fully locked out, the heels on the wall, and the hands placed within the clearly marked area. The marked area will be 36″ wide by 24″ deep, and the palm of the hand must remain completely within the area (fingers may extend out of the box). At the bottom of each rep, the head touches the ground. At the top of each rep, the arms return to fully locked out with the heels on the wall and within the width of the marked area. Kipping is allowed. The feet do not need to remain in contact with the wall for the entire movement, but must touch the wall at the beginning and end of each rep.
- Chest 2 Bar Pull-ups: this is a standard chest-to-bar pull-up. Dead hang, kipping or butterfly pull-ups are allowed, as long as all the requirements are met. The arms must be fully extended at the bottom. At the top, the chest must clearly come into contact with the bar below the collarbone. Any grip is allowed.
- Pistols: athletes must alternate legs for each repetition. If at any point they cannot complete a repetition on a leg, they cannot alternate legs until a repetition has been completed on that leg. The pistol begins with the athlete standing and the hip fully open with the knee fully locked out on the squatting leg. The hip must pass below parallel at the bottom of the repetition, and the opposite foot (non-supporting leg) cannot touch the ground until the repetition is completed. The non-supporting foot must be in front of the supporting foot during the entire repetition. You may hold the foot of the opposite (non-supporting) leg with your hand while performing the pistol.
- S2OH (Shoulder 2 Overhead): each rep begins with the barbell on the shoulders and finishes with the weight fully locked out overhead. Athlete must be in full extensions of the knees, hips, shoulders, elbows before descending the barbell for the next repetition. A Shoulder Press, Push Press, Push Jerk or Split Jerk may be used, as long as the elbow, shoulder, hips and knees fully are extended, and the bar finishes directly over the heels with the feet together. If a Split Jerk is used, the feet must be brought back together with the hips, knees and elbows fully extended before the repetition is completed.
- Jumping Chest 2 Bar Pull-Up: the bar should be at least six inches above the top of the athlete’s head when standing tall. The athlete may need to use plates or other stable platforms to decrease the distance between the top of the head and the bar. At the bottom, the athlete must lower himself or herself so the arms are fully extended. At the top, the chest must clearly come into contact with the bar below the collarbone. Any grip is allowed.
- Front Squat: the barbell must be held in the front rack position. At the bottom, the crease of the hips must pass below the height of the kneecap (below parallel). At the top, the knees and hips must be completely extended with the barbell in control. A full squat clean will count as a repetition as long as all the above requirements are met.
ONLY FIVE COMPETITORS MALE/FEMALE OF EACH CATEGORY WILL BE ALLOWED TO PASS TO THE FINAL EVENT.