FOTB17 PRE-EVENTS 1&2 RULES AND STANDARDS
EVENTS 1 & 2 WILL BE PERFORMED PRIOR TO THE COMPETITION.
- Athletes must perform Events 1 & 2 back to back.
- Athletes may perform the two events at any given class schedule or open box time from Monday, May 15th to Friday, May 19th.
- You MUST have a Coach as a judge.
- The Coach will fill out and keep your scoresheet. The Coach will give you a slip from the scoresheet with your results to keep, just in case.
- Scores will be UNDISCLOSED on our part until closing time on Friday.
- YOU MAY PRACTICE ALL YOU WANT BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REPEAT THE EVENTS!! MAKE SURE you are ready when you ask to be officially judged.
EVENT 1: “IRVING”
Max Distance Broad Jump
- Athlete will start behind the take-off line. If the athlete moves past the take-off line and subsequently jumps, it is a no-rep and counts as an attempt. The athlete should “stick” the landing and wait for the judge to measure; measurements will be take in inches from the take-off line to the farthest point back of the athlete’s body that is touching the ground. This will be normally be one of the heels. If the athlete falls, it is a no-rep and counts as an attempt. If the athlete moves before the judge measures, it is a no-rep and counts as an attempt.
- Three attempts, resting as needed between attempts.
EVENT 2: “3-HEADED MONSTER”
Back to back, in the following order:
AMRAP 3 min. MAX CAL ROW
AMRAP 3 min. MAX CAL BIKE
AMRAP 3 min. MAX CAL SKI
TOTAL TIME 9 min.
Score is the sum of the calories spent in each station.
- The clock will be set to a 3 minute countdown. The judge will note down on the scoresheet the calories as displayed on the erg (i.e., rower, bike, or skier) when the clock beeps. There is no calorie rollover.
- The clock is continuous, so it is up to the athlete to switch stations as quickly as possible. The athlete starts sitting on the rower but not gripping the handle.
- The athlete should adjust the ergs as he/she prefers before starting (e.g., foot stretchers and damper on the rower, seat on the bike).
- The order must be row, bike, ski.
- The judge should turn the screens to the bike (“Start”) and the Ski Erg (any button) on before the athlete arrives at the station, though the athlete may do it.