10 May 2017
EVENTS 1 & 2 WILL BE PERFORMED PRIOR TO THE COMPETITION.
- Athletes must perform Events 1 & 2 back to back.
- Athletes may perform the two events at any given class schedule or open box time from Monday, May 15th to Friday, May 19th.
- You MUST have a Coach as a judge.
- The Coach will fill out and keep your scoresheet. The Coach will give you a slip from the scoresheet with your results to keep, just in case.
- Scores will be UNDISCLOSED on our part until closing time on Friday.
- YOU MAY PRACTICE ALL YOU WANT BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REPEAT THE EVENTS!! MAKE SURE you are ready when you ask to be officially judged.
EVENT 1: “IRVING”
Max Distance Broad Jump
- Athlete will start behind the take-off line. If the athlete moves past the take-off line and subsequently jumps, it is a no-rep and counts as an attempt. The athlete should “stick” the landing and wait for the judge to measure; measurements will be take in inches from the take-off line to the farthest point back of the athlete’s body that is touching the ground. This will be normally be one of the heels. If the athlete falls, it is a no-rep and counts as an attempt. If the athlete moves before the judge measures, it is a no-rep and counts as an attempt.
- Three attempts, resting as needed between attempts.
EVENT 2: “3-HEADED MONSTER”
Back to back, in the following order:
AMRAP 3 min. MAX CAL ROW
AMRAP 3 min. MAX CAL BIKE
AMRAP 3 min. MAX CAL SKI
TOTAL TIME 9 min.
Score is the sum of the calories spent in each station.
- The clock will be set to a 3 minute countdown. The judge will note down on the scoresheet the calories as displayed on the erg (i.e., rower, bike, or skier) when the clock beeps. There is no calorie rollover.
- The clock is continuous, so it is up to the athlete to switch stations as quickly as possible. The athlete starts sitting on the rower but not gripping the handle.
- The athlete should adjust the ergs as he/she prefers before starting (e.g., foot stretchers and damper on the rower, seat on the bike).
- The order must be row, bike, ski.
- The judge should turn the screens to the bike (“Start”) and the Ski Erg (any button) on before the athlete arrives at the station, though the athlete may do it.
01 May 2017
REGISTRATION IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED MAY 1, 2017.
|2. FERNANDO FINOTTO|
|3. WILTON CASTELLANOS|
|4. OSCAR ORTEGANO|
|5. PAUL APPLETON|
|6. JOSE FLOREZ|
|7. JOHNNY WRIGHT|
|8. LESTER DIAZ|
|9. JULIO GARCIA|
|10. JEOMAR PAZ|
|11. JONATHAN TUNON|
|12. ERNESTO ALVAREZ|
|13. JOSE HERNANDEZ|
|14. RAFA FREILE|
|1. MAIRA CASIS|
|2. ANNIE FISH|
|3. SOPHIA ELETA|
|4. ALEXIS CHALEM|
|5. MARI CHIKITA|
|6. MELI ROZO|
|7. XIMENA FERNANDEZ|
|8. SIMI BENZADON|
|9. JENNIFER REGO|
|10. TANIA VALDERRAMA
11. MALENA ERASO
|1. EDWIN TORIBIO|
|2. OSCAR DAZA|
|3. HOSSAME KREIDEH|
|4. DANIEL ELETA|
|5. EMERSON CEDENO|
|6. ALEX DIAZ|
|7. JAVIER ARJONA|
|8. CARLOS GARUZ|
|9. DIVESH PUNJABI|
|10. JOSE BROCE|
|1. MILI BARAHONA|
|2. ANDREA DEL BUSTO|
|3. VALENTINA POMPEO|
|4. SARA CRESPO|
|5. LAURIANE PEDRI|
|6. PAOLA SANCHEZ|
|1. JOEY FALLAS|
|2. DAVID MIZRACHI|
|3. JESUS SAIZ|
|4. ERIC HYER|
|6. JOSE PIMENTEL|
|1. CARLA MARTINELLI|
|2. MARIVI GONZALEZ|
|3. GABY SAIZ|
|4. ALMA GONZALEZ|
|5. DEBORA TRAJKOVIC|
26 Jun 2016
THE PTY LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE: Observable, Measurable and Repeatable
- WHAT: a six week lifestyle challenge that aims to make positive changes and reinforce healthy habits in regards to nutrition, performance, recovery, and mindfulness within CrossFit PTY’s Community.
- WHEN: sign-up and introductory workshop will be held on Saturday, July 30. The Challenge will officially start on Monday, August 1 and run to Saturday, September 10th. On July 30th, come prepared to stay a while for registration, measurements & pictures, introductory lecture and… Benchmarks!!!
- WHY: because you are what you eat… and how you train… and how you rest… and what you think… and how you act. It’s about time to get it together… and all together.
- HOW: we will establish baseline data and parameters to accumulate points across 6 weeks. We will establish strict nutritional and exercise guidelines. After 6 weeks, we will evaluate the impact of the challenge by reassessing data. There will be prizes at the end of the challenge based upon the best results according to parameters of the challenge.
- COST: $30.00 this will include inscription to the 6 week PTY Lifestyle Challenge and a chance to win a variety of prizes and rewards for your hard work; participation in a closed group setting and exclusive access to resources (information, recipes, etc.); 3-4 Theoretical/Practical Workshops; a printed booklet containing key guidelines to ensure the success of your lifestyle change; measurements, monitoring, and data control.
We will be under the guidance and watchful eye of our very talented María Virginia González, PTY’s very own Health Coach and supporting staff.
15 May 2016
Event 1: “PERRO CALLEJERO” (Rx and Scaled)
5km Row For Time
Tuesday, May 17 – Friday, May 20
- Competitors MUST complete Event 1 between Tuesday, May 17 and Friday, May 20.
- The score is the total time to complete the 5km row.
- Official times MUST be turned in by FRIDAY, MAY 20, AT THE LATEST 7:00PM.
- Official times MUST be emailed to:
- email@example.com OR
- A coach must be present to see the final rower screen and validate the time.
- ALL ROWERS MUST BE SET TO COUNT DOWN FROM 5000m!!!
- Competitors must take a picture of their rower screen once concluded the 5km and have it on hand if called for. You may have a friend/Coach do this for you since you might be wiped out.
- Athletes may not abandon the rower at any point during the 5km row and may not get off until the screen has marked down to zero meters.
Event 2: “Lion Complex” (Rx and Scaled)
3 min. to establish Max Weight lifted for the following consecutive movements:
1 Clean/Power Clean
1 Hang Squat Clean
1 Reverse Lunge Each Leg
1 Push Press
- Athletes will have 3 minutes to load the barbell and perform the Lion Complex.
- Athletes are allowed to make as many attempts as needed within the three minute time frame
- There will be no partial credit for the complex. The total weight will be registered upon successful completion of all 5 repetitions: 1 Clean or Power Clean, 1 Hang Squat Clean, 1 Reverse Lunge left leg, 1 Reverse Lunge right leg, 1 Push Press.
- On the first repetition, a Squat Clean or Power Clean are allowed. Full extension is required before moving on the Hang Squat clean.
- The Hang Squat Clean must begin from the extended position after the first rep and may not pass below the knee on the hang portion of the movement. A full squat below parallel in the catch position is required. A distinctive Hang Power Clean to a Front Squat is not allowed. If you did not perform this correctly you may repeat this without starting over.
- The order in which you perform the lunge (left or right first) is up to you. The knee must touch the ground on the lunge. Two lunges on the same leg will not count as both legs. If you fail to touch the knee to the floor on the lunge, you may repeat the lunge without starting over.
- You must perform a correct Push Press NOT a Push Jerk!!! NO RE-BENDING OF THE KNEES ALLOWED AFTER HIP EXTENDS AND BARBELL LEAVES THE RACK POSITION. Full extension and control over the bar are required. The rep will be counted WHEN THE JUDGE CALLS IT (DO NOT DROP THE BAR PREMATURELY).
- Athletes MUST unload their barbell and place their plates back in the stack in which they were found when the three minute time frame is over.
Event 3: “Cat Back” (Rx and Scaled)
2 min. Max Reps of Deadlifts for total pounds (you choose your weight) IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED BY:
Event 4: “Junkyard Dog” (Rx and Scaled)
2min. Max Reps Double-Jump Burpees Over The Barbell
- Deadlifts: All normal Movement Standards apply as usual. The Deadlifts have to end at full extension of knees and hips, with shoulders behind the bar. You determine your weight/strategy. Athletes will have 1 minute to set up their decided weight on the barbell before the start of the clock. Changing the weight during the 2 minute time frame is NOT allowed. Scoring: total reps multiplied by weight of your barbell (Example: 28 reps performed with 225 lbs on the bar is equal to a score of 6,300 points…28 x 225 = 6,300 lbs.)
- Double-Jump BOTB: 1 rep is = 1 Burpee + 2 jumps (you return to the side of the barbell where you started your Burpee). The chest and thighs must touch the ground at the bottom. You must jump over the barbell with both feet and land on both feet. One-footed jumping or stepping over is not permitted. If an athlete fails to do the jump over the barbell correctly then he or she may repeat the jump without repeating the burpee. Full extension is not necessary.
Event 5: “Mary” The Goat
AMRAP – 10 min.
10 C2B Pull-Ups
AMRAP – 10 min.
5 S2OH (65/45)
10 Jumping Chest 2 Bars
15 Front Squats
- Handstand Push-Ups: the movement begins at the top of a handstand with the arms fully locked out, the heels on the wall, and the hands placed within the clearly marked area. The marked area will be 36″ wide by 24″ deep, and the palm of the hand must remain completely within the area (fingers may extend out of the box). At the bottom of each rep, the head touches the ground. At the top of each rep, the arms return to fully locked out with the heels on the wall and within the width of the marked area. Kipping is allowed. The feet do not need to remain in contact with the wall for the entire movement, but must touch the wall at the beginning and end of each rep.
- Chest 2 Bar Pull-ups: this is a standard chest-to-bar pull-up. Dead hang, kipping or butterfly pull-ups are allowed, as long as all the requirements are met. The arms must be fully extended at the bottom. At the top, the chest must clearly come into contact with the bar below the collarbone. Any grip is allowed.
- Pistols: athletes must alternate legs for each repetition. If at any point they cannot complete a repetition on a leg, they cannot alternate legs until a repetition has been completed on that leg. The pistol begins with the athlete standing and the hip fully open with the knee fully locked out on the squatting leg. The hip must pass below parallel at the bottom of the repetition, and the opposite foot (non-supporting leg) cannot touch the ground until the repetition is completed. The non-supporting foot must be in front of the supporting foot during the entire repetition. You may hold the foot of the opposite (non-supporting) leg with your hand while performing the pistol.
- S2OH (Shoulder 2 Overhead): each rep begins with the barbell on the shoulders and finishes with the weight fully locked out overhead. Athlete must be in full extensions of the knees, hips, shoulders, elbows before descending the barbell for the next repetition. A Shoulder Press, Push Press, Push Jerk or Split Jerk may be used, as long as the elbow, shoulder, hips and knees fully are extended, and the bar finishes directly over the heels with the feet together. If a Split Jerk is used, the feet must be brought back together with the hips, knees and elbows fully extended before the repetition is completed.
- Jumping Chest 2 Bar Pull-Up: the bar should be at least six inches above the top of the athlete’s head when standing tall. The athlete may need to use plates or other stable platforms to decrease the distance between the top of the head and the bar. At the bottom, the athlete must lower himself or herself so the arms are fully extended. At the top, the chest must clearly come into contact with the bar below the collarbone. Any grip is allowed.
- Front Squat: the barbell must be held in the front rack position. At the bottom, the crease of the hips must pass below the height of the kneecap (below parallel). At the top, the knees and hips must be completely extended with the barbell in control. A full squat clean will count as a repetition as long as all the above requirements are met.
ONLY FIVE COMPETITORS MALE/FEMALE OF EACH CATEGORY WILL BE ALLOWED TO PASS TO THE FINAL EVENT.
05 May 2016
Fittest of the Box is Saturday, May 21, 2016!
Felicidades a todas las personas que concluyeron el FOTB2016 Open o hicieron el intento por completar la mayoría!! Agradecemos su empeño y entusiasmo!! Para los Eventos 2 y 3 de la competencia, las personas que completaron el Open estarán en el segundo Heat de su categoría.
Por primera vez en la historia del Fittest, el primer Evento se realizará ANTES del día de la competencia. Es obligatorio y podrán escoger hacerlo entre martes y viernes de esa semana. Recomendamos hacerlo lo más temprano en la semana posible. Reglas y detalles serán anunciados próximamente. Anunciaremos los eventos del FOTB a finales de la otra semana.
May the force be with you!!
CLICK ON PICTURES TO VIEW
27 Sep 2015
On October 17th, we’ll find out who’s the fittest male-female team in PTY!
- If you’re competing, start practicing with your partner; you never know what’s going to come out of the hopper…
- If you want to compete but don’t have a partner, there’s still time! Put your name and number up on the whiteboard and we’ll get you matched up. Registration deadline this Friday, Oct. 2
- This competition is a Fundraiser for FANLYC! Relevo Por La Vida 2015 will be going on that day in Parque Omar. Competitors will be WODing por la la vida, your registration fee will be a donation to the cause. Please bring your family and friends to watch and make our contribution greater. #bemorehuman #WODporlavida2015
- We are welcoming three guest judges, chief representatives of our Reebok CrossFit Community: Oyden Ortega (Briga), Hiram Cerezo (TTC), Andrés Danelutto (Nexo).
- If you’re not going to compete but still want to to be involved, we need you! Good competitions always require good volunteers for judging, registration, equipment management, etc. Email Ani (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer.
El 17 de octubre sabremos cual será la pareja más fit de PTY!!
- Si vas a competir, practica con tu pareja!! Nunca se sabe lo que saldrá de la tolva…
- Si quieres competir pero no tienes una pareja, todavía hay tiempo! Apunta tu nombre y numero en el tablero en PTY y nosotros los emparejaremos. Último día para registrarse es este viernes, 2 de octubre.
- Ésta competencia recaudará fondos para FANLYC! Ese día es Relevo Por La Vida 2015 en Parque Omar. Los competidores estarán WODseando por la vida, y su inscripción será donación a la causa. Por favor lleva a tu familia y amigos a ver y aportar a la contribución. #bemorehuman #WODporlavida2015
- Le damos la bienvenida a tres jueces invitados, representantes principales de nuestro Reebok CrossFit Community: Oyden Ortega (Briga), Hiram Cerezo (TTC), Andrés Danelutto (Nexo).
- Si no vas a competir pero quieres colaborar, te necesitamos! Buenas competencias siempre requieren buenos voluntarios para juzgar, registrar atletas, manejar equipo, etc. Mandale a Ani un correo (email@example.com) para ser voluntario.