Box Programming for August 22 – 27, 2016
“DEFEAT IS A STATE OF MIND…” – Bruce Lee
Para los integrantes del PTY Lifestyle Challenge: el “Extra Work” que será programado semanalmente lo pueden hacer el día de su preferencia. Recomendamos hacerlo los sábados pero esto no es obligación. Pueden utilizarlo como un “active recovery” en uno de sus dos Rest Days obligatorios también. Ver abajo, al final del post.
Monday, Aug. 22
A. FRONT SQUAT:
Look for a heavy single for the day then a Drop Set of 10 reps at 5-10 (women) /10-15 (men) more pounds than last week (1×10 @ +/- 70%).
3 Sets For Times, resting 2:1
20 Box Jumps (24”/20”)
5 Back Squats @ 75-80% of 1RM Back Squat, from the rack.
*full class: stagger group, have plate changes ready & be ready to help your “rackmates” even if you want to momentarily pass out. Rest approximately twice as long as it took you to complete the set.
Tuesday, Aug. 23
A. Barbell Warm-Up: SNATCH FIRST PULL REVIEW!! Light Barbell with plates so you can set up adequately!! You may use technique bars.
5×3 Snatch First Pulls (stop right at the kneecap) + 1 Power Snatch. You will perform 3 Snatch first pulls with a 2second pause on each one at the knee; on the third rep you will perform a Power Snatch from the knee.
B. BEHIND THE NECK SNATCH GRIP STRICT PRESS: 5×5, 5-10 more pounds than last week.
Focus on keeping your elbows under the barbell (perpendicular to the ground), scaps active and locked tight, armpits facing forward and elbow armpits facing the ceiling (shoulder external rotation).
For Total Time:
800m Run (after thirs speed bump, first set of stairs on the right, edificio de circulitos)
Rest 3 min.
600m Run. (second speed bump)
Rest 2 min.
400m Run (yellow sidewalk after first speed bump)
Rest 1 min.
200m Run (Door sign on black gate de La Posada Inn)
Keep track of your splits/Bring a watch.
Wednesday, Aug. 24
A. STRICT CHIN-UPS (WEIGHTED FOR UB SET OF 5): 5X5
Work with a partner!! They can vary their assistance to the movement by supporting your feet (knees bent) or simply a hand between the Scaps to help guide or activate. You may also set up a barbell on a rack and use your own feet for support.
Min. 1: 8-12 Burpees to a 45 lb plate
Min. 2: 20-50 UB DUs
Min. 3: 30s V-Hold
Thursday, Aug. 25
A. 3 Sets Alternating (For Quality, Not Time)
- Front Rack Reverse Lunges: 5 reps each side (heavy).
- L-Sits: accumulate 45s or go UB immediately followed by 15-25 Tuck Crunches
- 10 Standing Half-Moons Each Side (with plate, as heavy as you can handle with proper form, should be around 20% body weight)
B. RESTORATIVE CONDITIONING
“Flow” for 20 min.
5 Light Muscle Cleans
10 Body or Ring Rows
15 Air Squats
30 Mt Climbers (15 each side)
Friday, Aug. 26
A. DEADLIFT “Cutsie 5s and Deadly Triples”
Look for a Heavy Postural Single then 5 x 3 @ 70-75% of that heavy single.
Deadlift Guidelines for the coming weeks:
- YOU DO NOT HAVE to attempt to max out every Friday. This is a postural heavy single for the day. Very heavy but staying tight and safe. It should not take a long time to reach this weight.
- Remember: 3 x 5 means 3 Sets of 5 consecutive reps. Rest as needed between sets.
- Respect how your body feels that day. Base percentages not off your lifetime PR, but off the heaviest postural single you reached.
- If you feel great and your deadlifts look good, go ahead and try to hit a new max, repeat your PR or come close.
- Spend time stretching your hamstrings, glutes, lower back. After class lie down with legs propped up straight against wall (Corpse Pose style) to relax your back.
- KEEP TRACK OF YOUR NUMBERS ON A WEEKLY BASIS.
B. Partner WOD
Complete the following Chipper, partition reps as wanted (but complete Minimum Work Requirement Per Person)
200 KB Swings (53/35 – MWRPP: 90 reps)
150 Wall Balls (20/14 – MWRPP: 60 reps)
100 T2B (MWRPP: 30 reps)
Saturday, Aug. 27
Open Box 9:00AM-12:00PM
“PTY LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE” EXTRA WORK:
Row 1km at a relaxed pace then…
Complete 15 Turkish Get-Ups each side, with moderate weight. No rush here, practice technique first (before the row) then focus on core engagement and proper shoulder stabilization/external rotation (thumbs pointed back!). Please watch full video: