Box Programming for August 15 – August 20, 2016
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” – Proverbs 27:17
Para los integrantes del PTY Lifestyle Challenge: el “Extra Work” que será programado semanalmente lo pueden hacer el día de su preferencia. Recomendamos hacerlo los sábados pero esto no es obligación. Pueden utilizarlo como un “active recovery” en uno de sus dos Rest Days obligatorios también. Ver abajo, Saturday.
Monday, Aug. 15
Look for a heavy single for the day (please read Deadlift Guidelines on Friday, see below) then a Drop Set of 10 reps at 65% (1×10 @ 65%).
For Time: 21-15-9
DB/KB Thrusters (moderate weight for you)
Box Jumps (30/24)
Tuesday, Aug. 16
Barbell or PVC Warm-Up (you can use lighters barbells or technique bars)
3 Behind the Neck Snatch Grip Strict Press
2 Hang Muscle Snatches
2 Hang Power Snatches
2 Snatch Balances
2 Overhead Squats
2 Hang Squat Snatches
BEHIND THE NECK SNATCH GRIP STRICT PRESS: 5×5, 5-10 more pounds than last week.
Tread lightly, as it will get hard fast with little weight. Focus on keeping your elbows under the barbell (perpendicular to the ground), scaps active and locked tight, armpits facing forward and elbow armpits facing the ceiling (shoulder external rotation).
5 Rounds For Time
12 Burpees Over The Barbell
UB Complex: 3 Hang Power Snatch + 2 OHS + 1 Hang Squat Snatch (choose: 135/95, 95/65, 75/55, 55/35)
*If you miss, fall, or break you must go out to run 100m on the spot and restart the complex on your return.
Wednesday, Aug. 17
Alternating, complete 2×5 Sets of Standard Grip and 2 x 5 Sets of Wide Grip
Grip width must be hands outside shoulders for wide and hands over shoulders for standard.. Focus on activating your Lats before pulling! If last week you could perform 5 with excellent form then add weight this week.
Work with a partner!! They can vary their assistance to the movement by supporting your feet (knees bent) or simply a hand between the Scaps to help guide or activate. You may also set up a barbell on a rack and use your own feet for support.
10 Perfect Form Push-Ups
15 Tuck Crunches
3 Sets, alternating, of:
10 Ring Rows E/A
8 Diagonal Band Pull-Aparts
Thursday, Aug. 18
Happy Birthday, Coach Alvaro!!
3 Sets Alternating (For Quality, Not Time)
- One-legged Romanian Deadlifts (Dumbbells): 8-10 reps each side (heavier than last week. The dumbbell is held on the contrary hand of the working leg).
- Face-UP Chinese Planks: 45s-1min (supervise each other for posture and moral support, squeeze your glutes!!)
- 10 Kneeling Half-Moons Each Side (with plate, as heavy as you can handle with proper form)
L-Sit Hold (UB if you can or accumulate the seconds 0:50, 0:40, etc.)
Friday, Aug. 19
DEADLIFT “Cutsie 5s and Deadly Triples”
Look for a heavy Postural Single then 3 x 5 @ 65-70% of that heavy single.
Deadlift Guidelines for the coming weeks:
- YOU DO NOT HAVE to attempt to max out every Friday. This is a postural heavy single for the day. Very heavy but staying tight and safe. It should not take a long time to reach this weight.
- Remember: 3 x 5 means 3 Sets of 5 consecutive reps. Rest as needed between sets.
- Respect how your body feels that day. Base percentages not off your lifetime PR, but off the heaviest postural single you reached.
- If you feel great and your deadlifts look good, go ahead and try to hit a new max, repeat your PR or come close.
- Spend time stretching your hamstrings, glutes, lower back. After class lie down with legs propped up straight against wall (Corpse Pose style) to relax your back.
- KEEP TRACK OF YOUR NUMBERS ON A WEEKLY BASIS.
100/70 Cal Row
50 Wall Balls
30 Chest 2 Bar Pull-Ups
Saturday, Aug. 20
Open Box 9:00AM-12:00PM
“PTY LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE” EXTRA WORK:
50m Pinch-Grip Farmer’s Carry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECtoFCs8kY4
200m MedBall Run